Would you really need a stand mixer or could you manage with a hand mixer?
This is perhaps one of the biggest confusion almost anyone has before buying their baking supplies. A stand mixer would be the best investment in the following scenario:
- If you bake or use your mixer more than once a week
- If you have enough space in your countertop as stand mixer does take up more fixed space than a hand mixer
- If you want your mixer to be able to handle larger volumes
- If you are looking to use the mixer for preparation of dough and more
For hardcore bakers, stand mixers are something you cannot live without. It is true that stand mixers are little expensive and this is one reason why many hesitate to invest on one. But provided you choose the right attachments, then your stand mixer can help you a lot more than just baking.
KitchenAid stand mixers have remained popular for quite a while now. The power and the ease of use make this the bakers’ favorite. You also get a lot of exclusive attachments to be used with standard KitchenAid stand mixers. These would be useful to make pasta, juice and much more. This would make your stand mixer a multipurpose kitchen tool.
Choosing the right attachments would be another tough job and would further add to your expense. So here is the KitchenAid Artisan mixer best price combo for you. Here is a review of one of the most popular models of KitchenAid and the attachments that can come in handy in many situations.
|KitchenAid KP26M1XER 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series
|KitchenAid KSM2FPA Food Processor Attachment with Commercial Style Dicing Kit
|KitchenAid KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment
|Compatible with standard mixer attachments
|Slicing, shredding, dicing
|Peeling, coring, slicing
|Mixer, flat beater, dough hook, wire whip, a 6-quart bowl
|Shredding disc, slicing disc, julienne disc, dicing kit
|2 Slicing blades, 2 spiralizing blades, 1 peeling blade
The KitchenAid Artisan Mixer Best Price Combo:
With a whopping 575 watt motor, this is one of the most powerful stand mixers you can get in this price segment.
KitchenAid mixers are reliable and have been popular for their fine quality and durability.
If you are looking for an intermediate level stand mixer with great power, the Professional 600 series is your best bet.
This is great even for commercial use thanks to its higher volume handling capacity and its compatibility with standard professional attachments.
The whisk and the spiral hook attachments solve all your baking needs. So you could whip up cake batter or knead cookie or bread dough in minutes.
Free Download: [PDF]SERVICE MANUAL for KITCHENAID
You could use the power hub with 15 different attachments.
- The powerful motor can handle even tougher tasks like shredding of cheese in a jiffy.
- The 6-quart bowl is big enough to handle bigger batches roughly like those for 13 dozens of cookie or even 8 bread loaves. So you can make the whole lot in one go.
- Cleaning is also easy as you could just toss the bowl in the dishwasher.
- KitchenAid’s signature 67 point motion ensures perfect blending. For better contact, the mixing bowl is steadily held in place at the apt height.
- You have the convenience to choose from 10 different speed levels.
- One of the biggest pluses of the KitchenAid mixers which the customers love is the unmatched durability. It has been on the market for decades and still offers the toughest competition in this segment.
- The pouring shield which is chute style is included in this mixer and it makes the whole process mess-free. The Professional 600 series comes in 10 colors options and with the right attachments, this mixer can almost never get outdated.
You have the option to choose from 15 different attachments to use with the KitchenAid but here are the most useful attachments that can make the whole set a worthy expense. Read the full review HERE
KitchenAid KSM2FPA Food Processor Attachment, when combined with the mixer, can remove your need to invest in a food processor. With this attachment, you could make salads in no time.
This attachment can be used for
- dicing (into uniform 8mm cubes),
- slicing (thin or thick slices),
- shredding (fine to coarse)
- and also for making the perfect julienne.
- It also comes with a neat storage case for the kit.
- The feeding tube is wide so you could feed larger chunks requiring minimum cutting, thus saving your time.
- You get a neat job done like in a professional food processor.
- This makes up for the fact that your KitchenAid mixer would occupy a lot of space. You would not need an additional space for a food processor.
- Read the full review HERE
Another great attachment to use with the KitchenAid is the KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment. For some serious culinary decorations, the KSM1APC Spiralizer Attachment is what you need. It comes with 5 different blades that solve all your peeling and spiralizing requirements.
There are 2 blades for spiralizing in fine and medium options. The slicing blades also come with small and large core options.
The accessories are all dishwasher safe. This attachment also comes with a compact storage box.
To conclude, there are many aspects you might love and few you might find as a drawback with the KitchenAid Artisan mixer best price deal or the mixer in particular.
- The splash shield is a smart addition especially when your recipe calls for lots of flour or icing sugar.
- Best in class durability
- Sturdy base
- Strong motor
- A bit expensive and doesn’t come with a lot of attachments (you could buy them separately, though)
- As the bowl is in a raised position, sometimes to conveniently add more ingredients you might have to remove the bowl each time.
- The mixer head seems a bit heavy to handle
- Cleaning the mixer might be a bit difficult. The removable parts you could toss in the dishwasher, however.
But given the unmatched reputation and the reliability, KitchenAid still stands to be one of the most favorite stand mixers in most kitchens. Read the full review HERE
Get the Best Kitchen ‘Must Have’ Gadget List HERE